- Cabrillo 3 format only is supported.
- Log submission is only available from contest start to log submission deadline.
Logs will be rejected:
Any errors indicate a problem with the log and it is up to the user to rectify and resubmit.
- outside of log submission dates
- incorrect contest name
- missing header information
- invalid QSO lines
- if the user has changed cabrillo header options that are not part of an option.
Users are encouraged to have name, address, postcode and email lines filled out.
- Email is required for robot response and certificate mail out.
- Log upload conformation is available if the Cabrillo 3 contains the email line, EMAIL: email@..., but will see confirmation on screen regardless.
Contests currently supported are:
- Australia Day - 26th January
- Fists Down Under - 3rd weekend in February
- QRP Hours - April and October
- Harry Angel - first Saturday in May
- CQ Pride - 1st weekend in June
- VK Shires - 2nd weekend in June
- Trans Tasman Low Band - held on the Saturday night of the third weekend of July
- Remembrance day - Weekend closest to 15th August
Cabrillo contest names are required in the cabrillo header.
- WIA-TRANS TASMAN
- WIA-HARRY ANGEL
- WIA-VK SHIRES
In conjunction with DotEukali and Alan Shannon Computers & Cabling, we have developed a website to ease the load for contest managers. Catering for some VK contests, we now have automated log uploads, automated cross checking for contacts, duplicates and busted calls. Logs are scored and ranked into categories.
Admin can create future contests denoting starting contest time and finish as well as log upload start and end dates. Once these dates come around, the relevant options become available, like log upload and a modal displaying the calls uploaded. Once the log deadline is reached the log upload button disappears.
Cabrillo Version 3 is the log requirement and users wanting a robot reply will need to have their email address in the log. The user will also have screen confirmation of a successful upload.
Operators should NOT change the header as created by the logger. If something is incorrect, reload the log with the correct parameters and recreate the cabrillo log.
The correct Cabrillo name must be in the log if using a direct upload from a logger like VKCL.